[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Sep 30 06:04:42 BST 2011

>> Well I for one hope the analog works as I just bought one 2 days ago to
>> use to capture the svideo output of my Sky box.
>>
>> When it arrives next week I'll let people know - if it doesn't work on
>> that port then I guess I'll be writing drivers (busmans holiday!!)
>>
> Have you got it working? I finally got svideo plus audio working after
> bashing my head for a while trying /dev/video1. It only seems to work on
> /dev/video0. On /dev/video1 I just get a blue screen which I guess
> indicates no input to the encoder.
>
> The tuner input seems to work fine on both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.
>
> The driver must automatically associate the aux audio input with the
> svideo input because I haven't seen anything in myth logs indicating a
> request to link aux and svideo.
>
> Watch out if you turn on all the driver debug options because it rapidly
> generates 100's of megs of log files.
>
> I haven't figured out a way to have 2 x DVB + 2 x analogue tuners/inputs
> set up permanently and get reliable switching between them. Not sure if
> the problem is in myth or the driver or I just haven't set things right
> yet. Seems like I have to reboot to get DVB working again on an input if
> it has previously been used for analogue.

Hi David

I've got as far as plugging the card into the m/b (and can see it with
lspci) but I've a fair amount of work to do moving from a Gentoo
gen-kernel 2.6.32 kernel with lots of module drivers in an initfs to a
2.6.39 monolithic kernel with just the tuner cards and mce remote as
modules.

Its a change I've been meaning to do for the last 3 years but as this is
my main server box as well as the master backend I've been loathe to take
it offline for long enough to get it all up and working!!

I guess I'll just have to bit the bullet as the pvr150 failed again last
night.

Can you point me at any useful howtos as most I find are 2 years old and
mostly refer to the DVB side only.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks