[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Sep 30 05:02:01 BST 2011

On 17/09/11 21:38, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Well I for one hope the analog works as I just bought one 2 days ago to
> use to capture the svideo output of my Sky box.
>
> When it arrives next week I'll let people know - if it doesn't work on
> that port then I guess I'll be writing drivers (busmans holiday!!)

Have you got it working? I finally got svideo plus audio working after
bashing my head for a while trying /dev/video1. It only seems to work on
/dev/video0. On /dev/video1 I just get a blue screen which I guess
indicates no input to the encoder.

The tuner input seems to work fine on both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.

The driver must automatically associate the aux audio input with the
svideo input because I haven't seen anything in myth logs indicating a
request to link aux and svideo.

Watch out if you turn on all the driver debug options because it rapidly
generates 100's of megs of log files.

I haven't figured out a way to have 2 x DVB + 2 x analogue tuners/inputs
set up permanently and get reliable switching between them. Not sure if
the problem is in myth or the driver or I just haven't set things right
yet. Seems like I have to reboot to get DVB working again on an input if
it has previously been used for analogue.