[mythtvnz] heads up - Listings - C4/Four transition

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:41:13 GMT 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 21:10, Nick Rout wrote:

> I know those commands, but none tel lme what default_authority represents,
> or why soeone might need it.
>
> The ones on my system that are set have a crid:// url - again I have never
> heard of it, but there is an entry in wikipedia. However that still doesn't
> help me understand why it is needed or desirable in the channel table.

I  DON'T know the answers to your questions , however
I have observed that the  DVB_T EPG data contained in the MHEG datastream
contains crid urls encoded in seperate parts as described in a PDF document
that I found on the freeview website entitled:
	 TRANSMISSION RULES  FOR THE  DVB-T (Terrestrial)  NETWORK
                  For New Zealand Free to Air Digital Broadcasting

(Google this search term:     site:www.freeviewnz.tv filetype:pdf

Another interesting document is:
	Free to Air Digital Terrestrial Receiver (iDTV) Requirements Profile

The Authority section of the crids as I have captured from the MHEG EPG data
are as follows:

TV ONE				crid://tvnz.co.nz
TV2					crid://tvnz.co.nz
U					crid://tvnz.co.nz
TVNZ 7				crid://tvnz.co.nz

TV3					crid://tv3.co.nz
FOUR				crid://mediaworks.co.nz
TV3Plus1				crid://tv3.co.nz
C4					crid://mediaworks.co.nz

māori Television		crid://maoritelevision.com
Parliament TV			crid://parliament.nz
Trackside				crid://tab.co.nz
ChineseTV8			crid://chinesetv8.co.nz
PRIME				crid://primetv.co.nz
TV33				crid://tv33.co.nz
Stratos				crid://tritv.co.nz
tvCentral				crid://tvcentral.co.nz
RadioNZ National		crid://radionznational.co.nz
RadioNZ Concert		crid://radionzconcert.co.nz
BaseFM				crid://basefm.co.nz

I guess this info is not just in the MHEG EPG as mythtvsetup finds and
populates the data when you do the scan

The whole rational behind crids seems to be to support DVR's such as Tivo and
My Freeview.  The fact that the Myth team have seen fit to include the crid
authority data in the database maybe points to some similar functionality in
thr future.

I have already thought of 2 possible uses that can be made of it:

	a) Most programmes have 2 crids which are different. An episode crid and a
series crid.  so it would be possibe to set a "Record Series"  schedule
event. A lot of work would have to be done to populate the crids through
xmltv to the myth program tablebefore any of the logic can be sorted out.
I have been giving a little thought about how this could be implemented in a
process external to myth for my own use but it will mean serious interfacing
to the mythtv database.

	b) There have been posts about program titles changing from week to week (and
changing to & etc) with the consequent failure of a schedule event based on
the program title.  I was thinking that when the EPG data is grabbed from
MHEG a table xref of series crid to Programme Title could be established for
every new series crid encountered and used to force consistant programme
titles.

Tony