[mythtvnz] heads up - Listings - C4/Four transition

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:10:39 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Brendan Dacre <bjdacre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Must be a change since this was written:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_table
>>

> If you are going 'hack' your database (and I know you have advised against
> it), here are a few essential commands;
>
> show tables;
>
> and
>
> describe <table name>;

I know those commands, but none tel lme what default_authority represents,
or why soeone might need it.

The ones on my system that are set have a crid:// url - again I have never
heard of it, but there is an entry in wikipedia. However that still doesn't
help me understand why it is needed or desirable in the channel table.