[mythtvnz] Possibly OT: UPS question

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 14 03:19:11 GMT 2011

Dean Pemberton wrote, On 01/14/2011 03:51 PM:
> I got replacement batteries for my APC too.
> But I'm picking that I went down a little different path than you both...
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/deanpemberton/2614770048/
>
> I'm going to put a HUGE   "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME"   disclaimer here
> before anyone tries to do a similar thing though.  Make sure you know
> what you're doing.

Yeah I looked at that kind of thing.

The cheap/small UPSs are rated for "about as long as the battery could
last" before they start overheating etc.
So for my wee 350 watt comms UPS I just bought a $25 battery.

Your APC is probably a lot more robust and can run the inverter for much
longer.

The only important thing in our place not on UPS now is my desktop.