[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 fails to tune

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:54:25 GMT 2011

On 13 January 2011 23:18, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> > It depends on the type of card. If you have the old version of this
> > card (only one aerial jack on the back of the card) it works much
> > better with the old firmware (1.10) if you have two aerial jacks then
> > the 1.20 firmware should work fine.
> >
> I've got the old card.
> Never had a problem with 1.20 firmware but I never use the internal IR
> receiver functionality.

I now have the card in a separate box (for testing purposes, I don't want to
break my working server).

My testing now leaves me pessimistic that I will get it working.

In summary, the drivers appear to load and the card registers and is
recognized by the software I am using, including mythtv.  At first I thought
it was a signal issue and tried different aerials, but on closer
examination, I noticed that actually mythtv (and tzap) were reporting 0%
signal on the same aerial that another card was reporting 50% signal.  So I
now think there is a card fault with the aerial connector...

Oh well, unless someone tells me that my conclusion is wrong, I am not going
to waste a lot more time on this card.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Brendan