[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 fails to tune

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 20:13:42 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 14 January 2011 08:54, Brendan Dacre <bjdacre at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 January 2011 23:18, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
>> I've got the old card.
>> Never had a problem with 1.20 firmware but I never use the internal IR
>> receiver functionality.
>

> I now have the card in a separate box (for testing purposes, I don't want to
> break my working server).
> My testing now leaves me pessimistic that I will get it working.
> In summary, the drivers appear to load and the card registers and is
> recognized by the software I am using, including mythtv.  At first I thought
> it was a signal issue and tried different aerials, but on closer
> examination, I noticed that actually mythtv (and tzap) were reporting 0%
> signal on the same aerial that another card was reporting 50% signal.  So I
> now think there is a card fault with the aerial connector...
> Oh well, unless someone tells me that my conclusion is wrong, I am not going
> to waste a lot more time on this card.

I bought that card (with a single connector) last year. After about 3
moths of fighting with poor reception (albeit only on the TVNZ
multiplex) I returned the card as faulty and got it replaced with the
'dual connector' one. That one didn't perform any better, and
ultimately I got the HVR-2200 that worked beautifully from the first
kick. I still use the Nova, but just for recording from the non-TVNZ
multiplexes.
In my opinion the card is simply not that great and there are others
out there that perform much better.

kind regards
Pshem