[mythtvnz] 8400GS PCI card?

Steve Nicholson steve at kiwibum.com
Wed Dec 7 06:50:59 GMT 2011

On 07/12/2011, at 2:26 PM, Andrew Ruthven wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Does anyone have a 8400GS PCI card kicking around that they no longer
> want?  My Epia Via frontend will leave us stuck on 0.24 otherwise, as
> XvMC support is being dropped in 0.25.
>
> And yes, I have an updated mythtv-status that supports 0.25, not that
> I've been able to test it personally...
>
> Cheers!

I asked this question not that long ago. I ended up getting one off
ebay in US. You need to make sure it will work in your Epia via
frontend. Due to a crippled BIOS it wont let my old HP tower server
boot with it in, will work with the motherboard manufacturers BIOS but
then has other issues. So I've had to rethink my strategy and add a
frontend PC that will work with the 8400GS rather than have the all in
one unit I wanted.