[mythtvnz] Commercial Flagging

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Aug 18 00:47:56 BST 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 16:42 -0700, Steve V wrote:
> With more channels on 1080, I find that commercial flagging is so
> unreliable that I no longer commercial flag any of my recordings and
> instead just use the 30 second skip forward button.

We use the "notify" option, to get OSD popups when a commercial is
detected. It works averagely well, I'd say probably about 50% of the
time. Still using DVB-S currently here.

When commercials aren't detected I find hitting "4, right, left" is the
best way to skip them. In Prime time at least most breaks on 1 2 and 3
are around 4 minutes long.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier