[mythtvnz] Commercial Flagging

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 18 01:07:15 BST 2011

I tried commflagging a couple of times but wasn't happy with results.
For me it's useless if it isn't 100% reliable. From what I've seen there
is considerable variation in the way the broadcasters transition to/from
ads so I don't think commflagging will ever be 100%. It even seems that
individual channels vary from time to time let alone considering the
differences between channels. Hmm. Since it's not in the interest of the
free-to-air broadcasters for us to easily skip ads maybe they actively
work at defeating automatic commflagging?

David