[mythtvnz] Commercial Flagging

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 00:42:04 BST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I have heard from others that HD channels are more problematic for commercial flagging. It may be to do with the Logo detection as Tony has suggested or somethign to do with the amoutn of data that has to be processed.
I have always used only DVB-T reception for recording, a couple of years back commercial flagging worked very well on all channels perhaps about 90% reliability for me. Now I wonder if it was actually because back then only TVone was 1080 and all other channles were 720 or less and because I record very little from TVone I was seeing great results that were skewed toward channels transmitting in 720 or less.

With more channels on 1080, I find that commercial flagging is so unreliable that I no longer commercial flag any of my recordings and instead just use the 30 second skip forward button.