[mythtvnz] Backend Hardware - thoughts and recommendations

Andrew Sands andrew at theatrix.org.nz
Mon May 31 12:00:43 BST 2010

Hi all,

Need to rebuild my 'mythtv' system after a catastrophic hard drive
failure. The current system was analogue only using PVR-150 cards.

I'm looking to move to a dedicated DVB-T back-end with separate
front-ends, however I've not been in the hardware purchasing market for
a while.

I'd appreciate any reasonable suggestions on mobo cpu ram combinations
that others have working or know work well. I already have available a
case suitable for ATX or microATX type motherboards.

My intention is to install a separate DTV antenna system for this
back-end, possibly to something like a Hauppauge WinTV Nova T 500 or two.

I'd like to possibly also host maybe one or two diskless client
front-ends from this machine as well in future.

Thanks

Andrew Sands