[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 23 03:57:04 BST 2010

On 23/05/2010, at 1:02 PM, Hadley Rich wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 12:11 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
>> These IDs are supposed to come from DataDirect, but something else
>> must also be populating them.
>
> I believe mythfilldatabase creates them for XMLTV data which includes
> season/episode. I'm using the data from nzepg.org which includes some of
> this data and see generated programids. They are EP... rather than MV...
> though.
>
>> A scan of my database shows I've got over 1400 entries in my Program
>> table with a programid starting MV, including shows like The Pacific,
>> 30 Rock etc. This really isn't good.
>
> I've put some SQL at the bottom of this mail showing stats from my
> database. From nzepg.org data.
>
>> I'm also wondering if Jamu is in some way involved?
>
> I don't think so as I use it to, though like I said I don't know much
> about Jamu.
>
> Perhaps one of the epgsnoop processors is adding spurious movie category
> tags for some reason.
>
> hads
>
> mysql> SELECT name, title FROM program INNER JOIN channel ON
> program.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE programid LIKE 'MV%' AND xmltvid
> IN ('tv1.freeviewnz.tv', 'tv2.freeviewnz.tv', 'tv3.freeviewnz.tv');

From the looks of things I've got entries with bad programid values in the following tables
- program
- oldprogram
- recorded
- oldrecorded

I'm generating my own EPG data so there shouldn't be any programid values getting pulled in from anywhere else so I'm really rather puzzled, unless I have a rogue source configured for EIT data somewhere.

Anyway I've cleared the programid values for all non-movies and hopefully the EPG will now start behaving correctly again.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz