[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 23 05:07:15 BST 2010

On 23/05/2010, at 2:57 PM, Steven Ellis wrote:

> From the looks of things I've got entries with bad programid values in the following tables
> - program
> - oldprogram
> - recorded
> - oldrecorded
>
> I'm generating my own EPG data so there shouldn't be any programid values getting pulled in from anywhere else so I'm really rather puzzled, unless I have a rogue source configured for EIT data somewhere.
>
> Anyway I've cleared the programid values for all non-movies and hopefully the EPG will now start behaving correctly again.

Ok this is a bit odd. I've just re-run mythfilldatabase and the programid fields re-populated in, and I think I've found the culprit in the EIT data from freeview

<programme channel="1908.dvb.guide" start="20100523222000 +1200" stop="20100523232000 +1200">
        <title lang="eng">The Pacific</title>
        <desc>Despite the suffocating 115-degree heat and a lack of clean drinking water, Sledge, Leckie and the other Marines confront the h
ighly-fortified enemy as they attempt to capture the Peleliu airfield.</desc>
        <category>movie</category>
        <category>Drama</category>
        <!-- Cat:1-0 -->
        <rating system="SKY-NZ">
                <value>R18</value>
        </rating></programme>

For various reasons I've been running quite an old version of epgsnoop which I've now updated, but I'm still getting shows like Brothers and Sisters categorized at Movies.

<programme channel="tv2.freeviewnz.tv" start="20100524213000 +1200" stop="20100524223000 +1200">
        <title lang="eng">Brothers And Sisters</title>
        <desc>Robert and Nora get to work as guest chefs in Scottys struggling restaurant to boost business, and Sarah reaches a point of fru
stration with Roy but is quickly rewarded for speaking up.</desc>
        <category>movie</category>
        <category>Drama</category>
        <rating system="SKY-NZ">
                <value>R16</value>