[mythtvnz] Optus D1 and Australian TV

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Fri May 7 11:03:46 BST 2010

> I just tried it again, but I think it must be my LNB, or the HVR-3000
> not wanting to put out the correct voltage. I'll have to try a different
> LNB one day. And or get that Dual DVB-S2 PCI-E card that someone was
> talking about in an earlier thread.

Chuck a multimeter across it and see that while you are trying to scan
it has ~13V on it. If it has ~18V it is on horizontal.

What's your LNB skew like? The dual Aus/NZ beams such as that one are
much lower signal than Freeview or certain pay TV operators so are more
sensitive to your skew being correct. I've seen dishes where the skew is
off enough to not get a lock on SBS but works on Freeview fine.

Ross