[mythtvnz] ABC on Optus D1

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:26:06 BST 2010

On 15 June 2010 20:51, Ross Williamson <ross at inertia.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi Brendan
>
> > However, when I try to use the same information to get one of the ABC
> > multiplexes, I get nothing.  I am using both the the frequency and
> > symbol rate on the page for various ABC multiplexes (vertical
> > polarization) and no luck with any.  Is anyone tuned to the ABC?
>
> You'll notice the beams on Lyngsat for the ABC multiplexes are all
> Australia only. You'll need a huge dish to be able to pick them up in
> NZ. Sorry.

Ross,

Thanks for the info though my flatmate will be disappointed.  I had sort of
promised him some AFL via the ABC regional satellite broadcasts.  Oh well,
lots of football for me via SBS at least...

> > Also, why are there about 5 TV ONE's on the freeview multiplex?  And I
> > thought there were two freeview multiplexes.  I got all the channels in
> > one hit with one frequency scan in mythtv.  Using dvbtune, I had to tune
> > to the two separate frequencies...
>
> This is TVNZ's wonderful (cough) idea of providing regional ads. There's
> a copy of TV ONE for Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch.
> The only differences are the ads.

Ok, I'd better make sure I tune to the Dunedin one so that commflag can
remove the correct commercials...  :-)

Brendan