[mythtvnz] ABC on Optus D1

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Tue Jun 15 12:43:59 BST 2010

> Thanks for the info though my flatmate will be disappointed.  I had sort
> of promised him some AFL via the ABC regional satellite broadcasts.  Oh
> well, lots of football for me via SBS at least...

The closest thing to the ABC available FTA in NZ is The Australia Network.

Unfortunately it's only available via C band and it's on Intelsat 5 (so
you'd need a different LNB and probably a larger dish if yours is <90cm,
and have it pointed to a different satellite.) They also occasionally
scramble the content (especially live sports matches though there have
been quite a few recently that have been in the clear.)

Probably not a lot of use to you but it is /an/ option that works from here.

Ross