[mythtvnz] ABC on Optus D1

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Tue Jun 15 09:51:55 BST 2010

Hi Brendan

> However, when I try to use the same information to get one of the ABC
> multiplexes, I get nothing.  I am using both the the frequency and
> symbol rate on the page for various ABC multiplexes (vertical
> polarization) and no luck with any.  Is anyone tuned to the ABC?

You'll notice the beams on Lyngsat for the ABC multiplexes are all
Australia only. You'll need a huge dish to be able to pick them up in
NZ. Sorry.

> Also, why are there about 5 TV ONE's on the freeview multiplex?  And I
> thought there were two freeview multiplexes.  I got all the channels in
> one hit with one frequency scan in mythtv.  Using dvbtune, I had to tune
> to the two separate frequencies...

This is TVNZ's wonderful (cough) idea of providing regional ads. There's
a copy of TV ONE for Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch.
The only differences are the ads.

HTH

Ross