[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

mythtv mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Jun 14 07:38:41 BST 2010

> Come on, PCI is 133 MB/s, the highest rate video you are likely to
> find is a bluray at 48 Mb/s, that's plenty of room for overhead!
>
> That's obviously feeding the encoded video straight to the card, you
> are possibly correct if you are trying to decode on the cpu and
> transfer the raw stream to a video card over PCI, I haven't done the
> math.

Quite right.. the card is doing all the work so there will low data
transfer rates. The tuner card can cope with many channels recording on
PCI.
The configurable tuner card in the Reel multimedia website looked very
interesting, flexible pick & choose up to 6 tuners & support of CAM.
Hope we don't need them soon.

> > The Optiplex 620 740 745 could be a good HTPC box but most of them have
> > an ATI videocard to dispose of..
>
> Anything without a PCI-E slot is a bit of a dead end if you want GPU
> acceleration. There are PCI nVdida cards that do VDPAU, but I have
> seen posts that suggest they aren't exactly the bees knees.

The Optiplex has room for a silent half height GT220 PCI-e & it will run
rings around the ION..

Brett