[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jun 7 03:49:46 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Morgan Read" <mstuff at read.org.nz>
To: <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 1:44 PM
Subject: [mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

> My first post...
>
> I'm wanting to turn an old Dell Optiplex gx270 into a pvr...
>
> I've done some research and it seems that a GeForce xfx 6200 graphics
> card will get me tv out:
> http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19271195.aspx
> Q: what definition will this get me my tv out in?  I'm not very
> interested in hdtv, but I'd like to know the card would if I wanted it
> to - 1080i?

I doubt that you'll get more than SD with that combination of kit, i.e. no 1080i

As a backend the video card is not important and it would be fine, presuming the motherboard chipset is on the nvidia list.

Assuming the motherboard has no PCI-e slots and is strictly AGP / PCI then you'd be better to get a PCI NVIDIA card if you want it
to have FE 1080i functionality.