[mythtvnz] "Derren Brown: The System" seven-ish mins over EPG end time

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Jan 27 10:00:51 GMT 2010

On Wed, January 27, 2010 8:02 pm, Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> criggie at criggie.dyndns.org wrote:
>> You can whinge at the provider, who probably won't do anything anyway.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice, if the data stream contained "Start of program #ID"
>> "End of program #ID"   "Start of adverts" "End of adverts"....   Or even
>> a repeated data header saying the same. Then timing would be irrelevant.
>
> Funny that you should say that. I did email TVNZ to complain (which I
> assume will amount to nothing), but I also asked whether the EIT/MHEG
> data was updated when a live sports event etc. went overtime.
>
> To my mind, it would be ideal if the end time of a program kept being
> updated by TVNZ as, say, a Wimbledon match was running overtime. Then,
> MythTV could be configured to check the MHEG/EIT end time for the
> program 1 minute before stopping recording and keep recording.

This is being planned by freeview so that MyFreeview equipment will be
able to track delayed programs. Sadly it might be a while before it is
implemented and it will need some tweaked under the hood in MythTV.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz