[mythtvnz] "Derren Brown: The System" seven-ish mins over EPG end time

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Wed Jan 27 07:02:34 GMT 2010

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org wrote:
> You can whinge at the provider, who probably won't do anything anyway.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice, if the data stream contained "Start of program #ID"
> "End of program #ID"   "Start of adverts" "End of adverts"....   Or even
> a repeated data header saying the same. Then timing would be irrelevant.

Funny that you should say that. I did email TVNZ to complain (which I
assume will amount to nothing), but I also asked whether the EIT/MHEG
data was updated when a live sports event etc. went overtime.

To my mind, it would be ideal if the end time of a program kept being
updated by TVNZ as, say, a Wimbledon match was running overtime. Then,
MythTV could be configured to check the MHEG/EIT end time for the
program 1 minute before stopping recording and keep recording.

Regards,

Aaron