[mythtvnz] "Derren Brown: The System" seven-ish mins over EPG end time

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 25 17:04:09 GMT 2010

Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> I recorded "Derren Brown: The System" on Tuesday 19 Jan 2010. I have
> MythTV set to record 5 mins past the end time of the program. Even so,
> the recording cut out before the end of the program.
>
> I assume that Freeview's guide data was just wrong for the program.
>
> Did this happen to anyone else? How can I best get to the root of the
> program, to check that it was the EIT data out of my control, rather
> than a configuration option at my end?

If a channel routinely goes over their finishing time, your only option
is to extend the finishing time.

You can whinge at the provider, who probably won't do anything anyway.

Some channels will drop adverts to get back in time, and some would not.
If a pre-recorded segment ran long then that's someone's measuring error
and a fault in the EPG.

Wouldn't it be nice, if the data stream contained "Start of program #ID"
"End of program #ID"   "Start of adverts" "End of adverts"....   Or even
a repeated data header saying the same. Then timing would be irrelevant.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/