[mythtvnz] Incorrectly configured channel on DVB-S card?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Jan 24 02:39:22 GMT 2010

> Did you set up separate sources for DVB-T and DVB-S like I recommended?
> Since you have only one copy of most of the Freeview channels I think you
> may not have and that is probably the issue. I think what is happening is
> that when you press '1' it is trying to tune the DVB-S card using the
> DVB-T
> tuning info which happens to be what it's getting from the DB. Thus the
> error.
>
> Because One and 2 are transmitted in the clear on Sky you might have two
> copies of those channels on the DVB-S source: for One there should be one
> with serviceid = 1031 (the Sky broadcast) and one with serviceid = 1035
> (Freeview). There is no point having both versions available - set the Sky
> one to hidden (I just set visible = 0 in the DB).
>
> So, you should have 3 sources, one for Sky, one for Freeview Satellite and
> one for Freeview Terrestrial. Both DVB-S cards should be connected to the
> Freeview Satellite source.

Thanks for the reply Steve - I had the DVB-T card on a separate source, it
was just that one channel that was not tuning.

After a full (tuned) scan on both DVB-S cards and manually inserting the
channels to odd numbers, I found I still had channels supposedly from the
DVB-S card(s) on channels 1, 2 and 3. I deleted them manually using the
Mythweb channel editor and then shifted the correct channel IDs into place
making sure I really did put 1910 as TV ONE so I can skip local adverts
rather than Auckland ones :-)

It all appears to be working now but of course time will tell... Nothing
in my normal schedule seems to want the extra tuners this week so I'll
have to experiment with recording some junk just to see what happens - I
can play with the LiveTV interaction as well then...

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks