[mythtvnz] Incorrectly configured channel on DVB-S card?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 02:01:56 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> I'm wondering if I have the wrong channel selected - I think its set to
> 1910 (for Christchurch) but I can't find a way of checking that (unless
> there is something in the database I can check) having changed the number
> to '1'. Changing to '1' causes an error of "irrecoverable recorder error".
>
> I /CAN/ tune to 1035 (Auckland) and 1908 and 1909 OK since I have left the
> 'channel' numbers as they were from the scan.
>
> Something that is probably relevant, I seem to have 4 instances of TV ONE,
> TV2 and TV3 when I look at the channel table in MythWeb, one from the
> PVR150 (Sky input), one from the DVB-T card and one each from the DVB-S
> cards. All the other Freeview channels only have one instance from the
> DVB-S cards so I seem to have some sort of broken config :-(

Did you set up separate sources for DVB-T and DVB-S like I recommended?
Since you have only one copy of most of the Freeview channels I think you
may not have and that is probably the issue. I think what is happening is
that when you press '1' it is trying to tune the DVB-S card using the DVB-T
tuning info which happens to be what it's getting from the DB. Thus the
error.

Because One and 2 are transmitted in the clear on Sky you might have two
copies of those channels on the DVB-S source: for One there should be one
with serviceid = 1031 (the Sky broadcast) and one with serviceid = 1035
(Freeview). There is no point having both versions available - set the Sky
one to hidden (I just set visible = 0 in the DB).

So, you should have 3 sources, one for Sky, one for Freeview Satellite and
one for Freeview Terrestrial. Both DVB-S cards should be connected to the
Freeview Satellite source.

Cheers,