[mythtvnz] Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:27:06 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> There are some clues that the TV3 files
> may have very high performance peaks, as I understand that they can
> not be played across a 100 Mbit ethernet connection reliably - the
> required bit rate peaks above 100 Mbit and they stutter at times.  I
> have no problems playing them over my gigabit ethernet connections.

I meant to add to my last post...

I am surprised that there should be difficulties with a TV3 stream
over a 100Mbit network. This post
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/359549
indicates 11Mbit/s, which should be easily handled even by the worst
terminated 100Mbit network. Although of course it depends on many
things...