[mythtvnz] OT: Recommended wiring scheme and RJ-45 connectors for Lexcom (Cat7) cable

James Gray james6.0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 03:34:36 GMT 2010

Strip the cable back a bit, find out how it is paired, pick a standard,
and go with it. I think it's all separate colours, rather than standard
telephone pair colours. A superficial look on google reveals nothing
about the correct pinout, but I'm sure it could be found out. Try
visiting electrical trade supply stores (Mastertrade, stewarts, rexel,
etc.), they might be able to help you, or at least have maybe a brochure
that may tell you what you need to know.

 Try Why you'd use lexcom cable with standard jacks is beyond me, but I
guess that's your situation, and the cable is already there...

The most important thing is that the cable is paired correctly.

We generally use a PDL 68*VH plate (where * is the number of apertures,
a 681 is a single module plate), a 619MKC module (PDL to Keystone
adaptor), and a suitable keystone jack (generally a Molex Cat 5e jack
for most installations, or a Molex Cat 6. Sometimes AMP jacks when doing
shielded installs)

And I wouldn't bother making your own patch cords, nowadays 2Mish can be
obtained for <$5 anyway