[mythtvnz] BER

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:04:07 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have similar strength readings on my setup (about 72-74% on both
tuners). The BER doesn't seem to change either. I also use Waitarua as
the signal source.

To reduce the tearing (using GeForce8200) I did the following:

1. Added force_lna_activation to the dvb_usb_dib0700 module
2. Started using less demanding deinterlacers (bob and linear)
3. in the x.org conf:

Section "Extensions"
        Option  "Composite"     "Disabled"
EndSection

I don't seem to be getting significant improvement from using external
spliter over the internal one with the diversity card.

kind regards
Pshem