[mythtvnz] BER

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Feb 10 07:51:36 GMT 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:27:20 +1300, you wrote:

>What are people seeing as the BER when using DVB-T.  Especially anyone feeding off the Waitaks in Auckland.  Im getting a strength of 68%-70% across the three multiplexes and get lock, but BER is showing as 65536 on the OSD which is an interesting number.  Im using a nova-T 500 so before I start pulling RF cable apart I thought I'd check.  Oh and yes there is still some frame tearing with panning shots and has been the odd bit of pixilation - also matches with the hot humid nights.
>
>Guy

I have a Nova TD-500 (the later version of Nova-T 500 with "diversity"
capability).  It has two aerial inputs, and performs significantly
better when I use a splitter and feed the aerial to both inputs, so I
recommend you try that if you have the same model of card as I have.

Is the tearing only on TV3?  That is what I am getting.  I have been
putting that down to a bug in Mythfrontend or more likely the Nvidia
drivers.