[mythtvnz] BER

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 08:35:29 GMT 2010

----- Original Message ----

I don't think you have a problem with reception or aerial, I have the same card and much lower signal levels and I get a great picture on all channels.

It seems that the BER reading from the nova-T 500 either means nothing or that 65536 is very low error rate.

Are you using VDPAU, many months ago I was having a lot of trouble with Tv1 and TV2 with pixelation during panning, this was fixed with mods to MythFrontend. I then had lots of trouble with tearing and although I have read that you do not have to disable Composite with the latest Nvidia drivers I found that if Composite was enable I got tearing. disabling Composite fixed the tearing.