[mythtvnz] Select sound track

John Russell john at enuffsaid.co.nz
Sun Feb 7 02:56:36 GMT 2010

> If you are going to mess with source I'd just go with the patch in this
> ticket.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6569

This patch has brought the sound level on TV3 AC3 audio channel to around the
same as that on the AAC channel. Which is great, thanks.

But....

On Tuesday 02 Feb 2010 18:53:13 Graeme Woollett wrote:

> Plus you have to adjust
> the AV sync if you switch from AC3 to 2ch audio.

I've looked for a patch to fix this but have not had much luck. This one
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7759 looked promising but did not really do
much on my system.

Does anyone know a way of fixing this?

When I try to manually adjust the audio sync I end up with dropped frames and
prebuffering errors - so that's not much of an option for me (even if I could
store it with the channel).

Is this a hardware issue or something to do with the way TV3 is broadcast on
Freeview DVB-T?

Thanks