[mythtvnz] TeVii S420 remote

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 01:57:08 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:31 PM, matthew pearce <pearce.mg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I have found that something has happened with this and linux.
>
> There are references to it in the v4l system,
> http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/rev/c1672468ea88
>
> Some Noob questions:
>
> Is the v4l that the above patch was added to included in the kernel?
> or do I have to install video4linux seperatly.

That patch doesn't seem to have made it into 2.6.32 which is the
current stable version of the kernel.

> If so, is v4l normally packaged in distributions?

If you want the latest v4l source that hasn't been merged into the
kernel yet there are ways and means, but I don't think many distros
package them. I don't know how to do it, but googling 'mercurial v4l'
and yout distro name should provide a start.