[mythtvnz] Analogue transmissions

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Dec 3 01:26:11 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 14:15 +1300, Rama Madhusudhan wrote:
> Also, you could consider having the backend in the garage and have
> your house wired up for a network to every room in the house.  I did
> that myself with each room have two outlets.  Overkill ... probably
> but sure is useful.  Just my experience.

Not overkill at all, we have 2-4 network jacks in each room which I
consider should be standard.

The house wiring scheme that is implemented in most new houses is
ridiculously out of date.

At the least everything (phone/Internet/broadcast) should be wired to a
central location and then star wired out to every room. Then you can
patch Ethernet or analog phone etc. to where ever you need it.

When we shifted here I trashed the old phone wiring in the house and put
new twisted pair from the demark to a central point in the garage - ADSL
speed download went from 9 Mbit/s to 17 Mbit/s with that change alone.

Of course I'm sure that Andrew is on to it as he knows what he is doing.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier