[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Apr 30 10:39:54 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 20:56 +1200, Solor Vox wrote:
> According to xmltv.dtd I could add event crid to <episode-num
> system="dd_progid">string</episode-num>, which might solve repeats.
> What do you guys think about a master show crid reference file?  I
> wouldn't expect it to be too large as only series would be listed.
>
> Thinking it would be something like:
>
> show crid | Series Name | Categories        |
> 12345678| House            | Series,Drama   |
> 87654321| The Pacific    | Series,Drama   |
> 54123423| One News     | Tvshow,News  |
>
> Having to stop and scan each event for a series crid match would slow
> down execution dramatically.  But this could allow you to keep the
> entire system "offline" and only update the crid db file every so
> often.

There's a JSON file of programs here;

http://nzepg.org/programs/+json

which it could be added to.

The dd_progid is not in the XMLTV DTD as far as I'm aware. I believe it
was added by datadirect people though it is used in myth.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier