[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Solor Vox solorvox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:56:53 BST 2010

On 30 April 2010 20:21, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> It'd be useful just having a reliable episode id even if it were completely
> opaque if it could used for avoiding repeats.

According to xmltv.dtd I could add event crid to <episode-num
system="dd_progid">string</episode-num>, which might solve repeats.
What do you guys think about a master show crid reference file?  I
wouldn't expect it to be too large as only series would be listed.

Thinking it would be something like:

show crid | Series Name | Categories        |
12345678| House            | Series,Drama   |
87654321| The Pacific    | Series,Drama   |
54123423| One News     | Tvshow,News  |

Having to stop and scan each event for a series crid match would slow
down execution dramatically.  But this could allow you to keep the
entire system "offline" and only update the crid db file every so
often.

sV