[mythtvnz] Channel_ID for Freeview TV3-plus-1

daniel daniel at acsdata.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 06:14:24 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 16:28 +1200, Ross Williamson wrote:

> > Thanks very much for the reply ... so that is not my problem then hmmm ?
>
> Just out of interest, this quote from you got me wondering:

> I'm fairly sure the file needs to be called channels.conf and separate
> directories need to be used if grabbing from certain three-letter pay TV
> operators and Freeview on the same machine.

Yes it is called channels.conf. It is located
in /home/myth/.epgsnoop/Freeview/

I run the following which should set it to use the above directory which
has the channels.conf in ... unless my syntax is wrong ??

epgsnoop --config-dir=/home/myth/.epgsnoop/Freeview/ --adapter=1 --tune
12671 --lnb 10750 > /home/myth/epgdata/freeview.xml

> Eg I have a directory  ~/.epgsnoop-freeview which contains a channels.conf
> file. I have a separate channels.conf file in ~/.epgsnoop
>
> You're not using a different channels.conf files to what you expect, are
> you? This might explain the lack of the -plus1 channel.
>
> Does the channel appear at the top of the XML file with all the other
> channel definitions, and just have no guide data? Or does it not appear at
> all (in which case almost certainly you're not using the channels.conf file
> you thought you were using?)

no it doesn't appear at the top so I think your onto it ... I might
experiment with my epgsnoop --config-dir syntax and see what results I
get.