[mythtvnz] Channel_ID for Freeview TV3-plus-1

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Thu Apr 22 06:56:12 BST 2010

> Yes it is called channels.conf. It is located
> in /home/myth/.epgsnoop/Freeview/

OK great

> epgsnoop --config-dir=/home/myth/.epgsnoop/Freeview/ --adapter=1 --tune
> 12671 --lnb 10750 > /home/myth/epgdata/freeview.xml

That's similar to my syntax, the --config-dir part looks correct, anyway.

> no it doesn't appear at the top so I think your onto it ... I might
> experiment with my epgsnoop --config-dir syntax and see what results I
> get.

Right, so there's your problem.

Run through the basics:

* cat /home/myth/.epgsnoop/Freeview/channels.conf and confirm that this is
the file you thought it was
* Check you have write access to /home/myth/epgdata/freeview.xml
* Remove or empty /home/myth/epgdata/freeview.xml and confirm that it is,
actually, getting written out (and it's not just that you are seeing an old
version)
* Look at the channel definitions at the top of the XML file created. What
is there? Does it match another channels.conf file on your system?

Ross