[mythtvnz] OTish Online TV via Telstra 'Ziln'

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Wed Sep 9 23:56:45 BST 2009

2009/9/10 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>

> Here is an announcement I (as a telstra cable user) got today.
>

> http://now.eloqua.com/es.asp?s=1087&e=721&elq=f682872cf74c47eebaef8b74305973db
>
> Hope that link works, heres the text of the announcement in case it didn't.

Link works fine.

It's an interesting announcement, but I can't seeing it being successful
until it can be watched on a television. Anyone know if it uses IPTV
standards so it can be intergrated with MythTV?

The server is hosted at ICONZ Data Centre, which I assume means that any
usage will count towards your monthly data usage. Quick sums suggest that
Ziln would cost the user 43c per hour (based on the TC $11.95 for 10GB plan,
using 360MB an hour)

  -- simon