[mythtvnz] tuner and playback of freeview HD DVB-T

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 22:47:35 BST 2009

----- Original Message ----

I can't answer all you questions, but the info below may be useful to you.

I use a NOVA-T 500 dual tuner (PCI card) this works fine with Myth and NZ HD transmissions

I have never had any problem with recording the DVB-T streams to the Hard Drive.

I had lots of issues playing the recordings, but really that is all in the past, VDPAU playback via JYAs backports for Myth 0.21 have worked really well for me for 4 or 5 months now.

I only know Myth for this tyoe of application so can't comment on other applications. I can say that I really like Myth and my family are enjoying the quality of the playback and the overall functionality of the Myth system.