[mythtvnz] Broken system :-(

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:26:30 BST 2009

Hi all,

I just reinstalled Ubuntu 9.04 on my mythbox yesterday.  I've done this
before but never had as many issues as this time.  I have my recordings
and home directories in separate partitions so I can keep the data
following a reinstall.  All you have to do is backup the mysql database
before hand and then restore it after you've reinstalled.

I managed to get everything back the way I like it but I'm having
trouble with my old recordings.  When I try to play them I get 'the
recorded file could not be found'.  Any ideas why this might be
happening and what setting in the database would control the path to
recordings?  The 'recorded' table has details about each recording
including the filenames but no path.

I'd really hate to lose all my recordings...

Ross