[mythtvnz] Broken system :-(

Kristian Haga Karstensen krizze at bluezone.no
Tue Oct 6 08:38:17 BST 2009

> Hi all,
>
> I just reinstalled Ubuntu 9.04 on my mythbox yesterday.  I've done this
> before but never had as many issues as this time.  I have my recordings
> and home directories in separate partitions so I can keep the data
> following a reinstall.  All you have to do is backup the mysql database
> before hand and then restore it after you've reinstalled.
>
> I managed to get everything back the way I like it but I'm having
> trouble with my old recordings.  When I try to play them I get 'the
> recorded file could not be found'.  Any ideas why this might be
> happening and what setting in the database would control the path to
> recordings?  The 'recorded' table has details about each recording
> including the filenames but no path.
>
> I'd really hate to lose all my recordings...
>
> Ross

Hi.
The path-settings are set as "storage groups" in mythtv-setup.
I would think they were stored in the database - have you changed the
mount-point of your recording directory?

If it's all set in mythtv-setup, try doing a tail -f
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log when restarting the backend - to see if
there are any permission errors or other errors.

Regards
Kristian Haga Karstensen