[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py - HDHomeRun and 0.21

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 26 10:16:29 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tortise" <tortise at paradise.net.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:54 PM
Subject: [mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py - HDHomeRun and 0.21

> I've been trying to figure out why I get some missing channel data following running this.
>
> The problem channels are TV2, C4, Prime, Chinese and BaseFM.  For some reason the 7 day data does not populate for these.  I
> cannot
> get the icons to these to display on the left of /mythweb/tv/list either.
>
> This is on 0.21 using a HDHomerun tuner so there are two mono-rec tuners.  (Does not run on 0.22 without compiling in a fix, so I
> shifted the 500T to the 0.22 test box and that tunes ok but not figured out the EPG there either....)
>
> When I run mythfilldatabase --manual I get two rounds of data, one for each tuner series, I called them H0 and H1.  I note
> /home/me/.mythtv/H0.xmltv and /home/me/.mythtv/H1.xmltv however they seem limited to turning on or off particular channels.
>
> How should the second round (H1) be treated, just the same as the first (H0)?
>
> Also I have some missing icons, instead of using references such as:
>
>    Choose a channel icon image (any path name)  [http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/parliament.jpg]
>
> It seems any path is not so good, e.g.:
>
>    /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/Logo_3_1.jpg
>
> does not seem to work
>
> Is there a path to copy icons to use instead?
>
> Is there a way to reset the relevant files and run the default again?
>
> Is what I am doing wrong obvious to anyone?  (In advance much obliged to you!)

OK Figured out some of it:  Some of the icons src's seem to be missing from the XML.   I assume these are determining the icons
displayed?
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/george_fm.jpg" />
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/concert_fm.jpg" />
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/national_radio.jpg" />

3+1, Chinese (english 8 version) and baseFM are not in http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/ that I can find, I can give you some images
for those Hads if you want.

That does not seem likely to explain the data deficiencies.

<channel id="maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>Maori TV</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/maori_tv.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.freeviewnz.tv/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="georgefm.freeviewnz.tv">

    <display-name>GeorgeFM</display-name>
  </channel>
  <channel id="rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv">

    <display-name>RNZ Concert</display-name>
  </channel>
  <channel id="stratos.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>Stratos</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/stratos.png" />
    <url>http://www.stratostv.co.nz/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="tv3.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>TV 3</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/3.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.tv3.co.nz/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="c4.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>C4</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/c4.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.c4tv.co.nz/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>TVNZ 7</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/tvnz7.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.freeviewnz.tv/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="parliament.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>Parliament</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/parliament.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.freeviewnz.tv/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="basefm.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>BaseFM</display-name>

  </channel>
  <channel id="tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>TV 3 PLUS1</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/3.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.tv3.co.nz/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="prime.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>Prime</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/prime.jpg" />
    <url>http://www.primetv.co.nz/</url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>RNZ National</display-name>

  </channel>
  <channel id="tvnz6.freeviewnz.tv">
    <display-name>TVNZ 6</display-name>
    <icon src="http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/icons/tvnz6.png" />