[mythtvnz] SVN Myth trunk vs JYA

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 09:02:27 GMT 2009

Hi

2009/11/14 Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz>:
> There's not a lot of point using JYA's repository over the standard
> Ubuntu 9.10 repositories. I believe the only difference is backported
> digital audio enhancements.

There's more to that.

Starting with the ability to use any nvidia drivers you want , and not
just 185.18.36 which are very buggy with vdpau
There is also extra backports from trunk in VDPAU (studio level RGB
support etc...) and HDTV colorspace support.

> VDPAU works fine with 0.22.

It kind of work fine. There were less issues with 0.21 with the VDPAU
support IMHO. There is currently a redrawing issue, often when using
VDPAU you would get no display at all ; you have to quit and restart
playback.