[mythtvnz] SVN Myth trunk vs JYA

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Nov 14 09:58:14 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 20:02 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> There's more to that.

Sorry, working off outdated info.

> Starting with the ability to use any nvidia drivers you want , and not
> just 185.18.36 which are very buggy with vdpau

Seems to work fine here, we've been using it on the main frontend (which
gets a lot of use) for the last couple weeks with no issues at all. I
did have to increase the buffers to get some h264 content to stop
blocking.

> It kind of work fine. There were less issues with 0.21 with the VDPAU
> support IMHO. There is currently a redrawing issue, often when using
> VDPAU you would get no display at all ; you have to quit and restart
> playback.

I've not seen this at all. Must be lucky.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier