[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.22 testing status

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Nov 6 21:44:38 GMT 2009

On 6/11/2009, at 7:52 PM, Brett Miller wrote:

> Just as various people have stated in this forum;
> MythTV 0.22 JYA testing does not have the seek/navigation problems
> in LiveTV
> or playback of active/current recording. LiveTV is very good.
> And the UI is aesthetically very pleasing.
> This is damn fine.
>
> I used the sql commands that were posted in this forum to manually add
> channels.
> All previous scanned channel info, from 0.21, was deleted to clean
> up EPG
> mess.
>
> EIT data is sometimes available either after long period of up-time or
> recording.
>
> I have no EIT data for & can not watch/record MTS, Prime, C4, TV3plus1
> although these channels were manually added.
> Is this normal for current testing fixes repos ?

You will only ever get limited EIT data on DVB-T here in NZ. You are
better off using XMLTV to get full listings.

> I know there have been great deal of change with the channel
> scanning code.
> Is it working with DVT-B or our NZ version ?
>
> I'm interested in how 0.22 is working for others & I not really
> attempting
> to work around the above problems.

I've posted a fix for the tuning issues to the MythTV Trac so that we
can pickup the SD channels.
- http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7449

The main issue i'm having at the moment are occasional backend
segfaults that I need to investigate further.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz