[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.22 testing status

Brett Miller blmiller at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Nov 7 06:49:31 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Ellis" <steven at openmedia.co.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] MythTV 0.22 testing status

> On 6/11/2009, at 7:52 PM, Brett Miller wrote:
>
>> EIT data is sometimes available either after long period of up-time or
>> recording.
>
> You will only ever get limited EIT data on DVB-T here in NZ. You are
> better off using XMLTV to get full listings.
>
>> I know there have been great deal of change with the channel
>> scanning code.
>> Is it working with DVT-B or our NZ version ?
>

> I've posted a fix for the tuning issues to the MythTV Trac so that we
> can pickup the SD channels.
> - http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7449
>
> The main issue i'm having at the moment are occasional backend
> segfaults that I need to investigate further.
>

> Steven Ellis - Technical Director
> OpenMedia Limited

Looks like you have the problem well under control. Thank you very much..
I don't have any expectations but am glad there is something coming in the
future.
My PC has not crashed in last two weeks using MythTV-0.22 but I do not use
any clever stuff.

I thought the idea of EIT was real-time correction to schedule: programs
changes & time errors.
I found the EIT data to be good with Myth 0.21 but weakness being
'just-in-time-almost-to-late'.
I now find the EIT schedule start & stop times seems to come thru' quickly
but the program names & info come thru' delayed. Sometimes after program has
aired.

If you schedule a program to record when there is time info but no program
name, the recording will fail if the EIT data for program name arrives
before recording starts. Maybe because now the name does not match.
Odd fact - No programme name seems to be "." and not "" ?

I had EPG working partially with 0.21+fixes but have failed miserably with
0.22.
I just use a browser window open on TVNZ's website.

If your sql commands, posted previously, are used to insert channels
manually will the SD channels still not work ?

Thanks
Brett.