[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 24 04:52:03 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/24 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>:
> Just uploading the sample to
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/video/12001_20090524120306.mpg
>
> Summary of my testing
>
> Playback has no issues when using Jean-Yves build of mplayer
>  mplayer -vo vdpau  -vc ffh264vdpau -mc 2 /myth/tv/12001_20090524120306.mpg
> Also plays without issue with the software ffmpegh264 decoder.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see here.

The video has some slight corruption in the first few seconds, but
this is related to the stream itself being corrupted (probably the way
the file was truncated).

It plays fine after that.

I see the exact same errorrs in mplayer using software decoding:
([h264 @ 0xd673c0]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably
corrupt input), discarding one)

Nothing wrong here from a mythtv perspective. You can't expect to play
properly a corrupted input stream..

Jean-Yves