[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 24 02:53:19 BST 2009

On 24/05/2009, at 1:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/5/24 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>:
>> I've now got a video file which reproduces your blockiness issues
>> on TV1 +
>> TV 2. I'll try and post a full report soon, but I've been working
>> through
>> the range of VDPAU options.
>
> Would be in interesting for you to post it somewhere to test

Just uploading the sample to

http://www.mythtv.co.nz/video/12001_20090524120306.mpg

Summary of my testing

Playback has no issues when using Jean-Yves build of mplayer

  mplayer -vo vdpau  -vc ffh264vdpau -mc 2 /myth/tv/
12001_20090524120306.mpg

Also plays without issue with the software ffmpegh264 decoder.

Current testing environment  for MythTV

     * Ubuntu 8.10
     * NVidia VDPAU 185.19
     * mythtv - 1:0.21.0+fixes-20550-openglvdpau-debug-0ubuntu2

Initially my profile was

     * Enable OpenGL Timing for VSync - off
     * Video Playback profile VDPAU
     * Deblocking loopfilter off
     * Max CPUs 1
     * Deinterlacer - Temporal (1x,Hw), no fallback

Changing OpenGL Timing for VSync to on made no difference, as did
enabling the loopfilter.

I then worked through all of the VDPAU de-interlacers, including
turning the de-interlacer off and the corruption remained.

Next I tried the ffmpeg standard decoder with XVideo and vdpau
rendered, both of which worked without issue and showed no macro
blocking.

Jean-Yves - I'll be very interested to hear how well this works for you.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz