[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:25:56 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/23 Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>:
> Like I said, I turned on the deinterlacer and turned off the loopfilter at the same time. I just turned on the loopfilter again, and as you suggested it seems to have had no effect. So it must have just been normal interlacing that made it look jerky.
>
> I am finding though that sound on TV1 and TV2 is acting up. It keeps slowing down and dropping in pitch. Not so noticable when there is only voice audio, but really obvious whenever you hear music. Turning off VDPAU on 720p fixes the blockiness on TV1 but if anything then the sound anomalies are even worse. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Anyone else notice this? Only present on Terrestrial.

If you're using the mythtv binaries from my repository, you could try
turning on the new AC3 upmixer. I've found that it plays files that
didn't get sound properly before.

If not, the patch is there:
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/vdpau/audioencoding-fixes-vdpau-jya13.patch

Make  sure you activate the AC3 upmixer in Settings -> General -> Audio

Jean-Yves