[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Sun May 24 01:43:05 BST 2009

Jean-Yves wrote:
>If you're using the mythtv binaries from my repository, you could try
>turning on the new AC3 upmixer. I've found that it plays files that
>didn't get sound properly before.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but it didn't help.

I've just upgraded to the nvidia 185.18.10, but this hasn't helped. Still frequent blockiness on TV1 and TV2, but TV3 is fine. TVNZ6 and TVNZ 7 appear to be fine as well. Nothing for it but to wait for anther nVidia driver release and hope that eventually it is resolved.

While watching live TV, is there anyway to tell it to always use a DVB-S tuner for TV1 and TV2, and an HD tuner for the other channels? I know you can do this for recording by setting the channel priority, but does this work for live TV as well?

Cheers
Aaron